J Poke Building Safety System
Project: J Poke Building Safety Management System and Safe Systems of Work.
Scope of Work:
J Poke Builders are a residential and commercial building company.
J Poke Building has specific goals for the Work Health and Safety Project:
- Implement a safety system and work processes that assisted the business meet compliance.
- A safety system that is simple to understand and use for management, workers and contractors.
- A safety system that matches our daily business operations and activities.
- Development of Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) for high risk work that are “usable & practical” on the job.
- Development of Safe Work Practice procedures for high risk activities.
- Safety system mentoring and training for management.
- Safety training and instruction for workers and contractors.
WGL was engaged to carry out a detailed audit, review of the business Work Health and Safety system compliance status against the new Work Health and Safety legislation and develop a new safety system from the ground up to meet compliance and improve workplace safety.
WGL “I Take Care Safe Systems” was identified as the perfect solution to deliver systems and processes to meet the clients workplace needs.
WGL Project Process:
Detailed field and desktop systems audit to identify what business has in place, what is working well and where there are opportunities for improvement.
Review CLIENT work practices and review Work Flow and relationship with Work Health & Safety and business efficiency improvements.
Based on AS/NZS ISO 31000 and SWA “How to Manage Work Health and Safety Risks” project and work place risks were identified, rated and control strategies implemented.
Carried out based on AS/NZS 4801, WHS ACT, WHS Regulations, SWA Codes of Practice and prepare Gap Report.
In consultation with the key stake holders a WHS Action Plan developed to clearly define the actions and priorities required.
Prepare project deliverable schedule using WGL extensive Project Management skills and Kepner Tregoe techniques. It is critical to project success to have access to key stake holders and team members and identify and deliver on critical milestones.
- I Take Care Safety System Framework
- I Take Care Safety Management Plan
- Residential Construction Safety Management Plan template.
- Safe Systems: WGL “Easy Read, Easy Use (TM) Safe Work Method Statements
- Safe Systems: WGL “Easy Read, Easy Use (TM) Work Practices
- Hazard Identification: JHA Template.
- Management Mentoring.
- Worker and sub contractor training.